Fruits and Veggies
By Amber White
September is Fruits & Veggies More Matters Month and National Childhood Obesity Month. While fruits and veggies may not be at the top of the list as your child’s favorite foods here is a list top ten reasons for you and your child to eat more according to https://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/.
10. Color and Texture- Fruits and Veggies add color, texture, and more fun to your plate!
9. Convenience- Fruits and veggies are nutritious in any for- fresh, frozen, canned, dried, and 100% juice, so they are ready when you are!
8. Fiber- Fruits and veggies provide fiber that helps fill you up and keeps your digestive system happy.
7. Low in calories- Fruits and veggies are naturally low in calories. So they are a guilt free snack.
6. May reduce disease risk- Eating plenty fruits and veggies may help reduce the risk of many diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure and some cancers.
5. Vitamins and Minerals- Fruits and veggies are rich in vitamins and minerals that help you feel healthy and energized.
4. Variety- Fruits and veggies are available in almost infinite variety… there’s always something new to try!
3. Quick natural snack- Fruits and veggies are nature’s treat and easy to grab for a quick snack on the go.
2. Fun to eat- Some crunch, some squirt, some you have to peel…some you don’t, and some grow right in your backyard!
1. Fruits and veggies are nutritious and delicious!
If you have any concerns with your child’s health and/or eating habits give us a call (731-554-0571) and come in and see us so we can address any concerns you may have.