Urgent Help for Patients with Covid-19 Exposure
As the Covid-19 cases continue in Tennessee and throughout the world, 45 Urgent Care PC works to ensure our patients have reliable testing options to tell whether they have been infected. Social distancing, masking, and good hygiene habits like frequent handwashing are essential methods of slowing the virus’s spread, but close contact with an infected person can still result in contracting Covid-19. We have spent close to two decades serving local patients. Our commitment to their health and wellbeing continues with timely and accurate testing for people exposed to the virus or who exhibit Covid-19 symptoms in Jackson, TN. However, we ask that you read through our Covid-19 policy to know what to expect when visiting our urgent care center for a nasal swab test or our rapid antigen or antibody testing. We value our patients’ and staff’s safety during any visit, so please be mindful of how we provide care during this pandemic.
45 Urgent Care PC’s Covid-19 Policy
45 Urgent Care PC’s following policy as one of the area’s Covid-19 testing sites is in response to the environment the virus has rapidly changed during the pandemic. We hold our patients’ health as our utmost concern and do everything we can to ensure their safety and timely care. If you are experiencing symptoms that you think might be Covid-19, we ask you to call ahead before visiting our location and let our staff know. You can play an integral role in reducing the risk of spreading the virus by following our Covid-19 policy during your scheduled care visits. The following sections are an outline of the policy we have in place concerning this matter:
What to Expect When You Arrive at the Front Desk
45 Urgent Care PC is proud to serve as one of the community’s local Covid-19 testing sites, and we exercise caution with every patient who visits us for testing. During your scheduled care, we ask you to follow our instructions to limit the risk of spreading or being infected by the virus at our location. Our medical facility’s front desk, waiting room, and exam rooms take the following steps for your safety and that of our staff:
- Upon your arrival, we will ask if you are coughing or running a fever. If you have either of these symptoms, we will provide you with a mask to wear.
- We will designate an exam room specifically for patients who are coughing or have a fever.
- Our staff cleans all exam rooms in the morning, between each patient’s visit, and at the end of the day.
- Our waiting room will have no reading material, coffee, or snacks available to patients to reduce the potential of spreading the virus.
Important Information about Our Medical Staff
We care about our staff’s safety as they provide medical care and testing to patients. Our efforts to prevent the chance of spreading the Covid-19 virus ensure patients and medical personnel have a safer environment to give and receive care. 45 Urgent Care PC has taken a series of steps to limit viral exposure whenever we see a patient, including the following precautions:
- Our medical staff wears protective gear, including a mask and gloves, while caring for you to prevent the virus from spreading.
- The medical care provider will order a Covid-19 test and assess for the virus if they believe you might be contaminated with it.
- Every member of our medical staff will wash their hands before they see any patient.
- Our staff stays up to date with the current situation and follows CDC recommendations to prevent and treat Covid-19.
What Are the Typical Symptoms of Covid-19?
If you are infected with Covid-19, you may have one or more symptoms, or none, at all. While many of the symptoms resemble a cold or flu symptoms, some are very severe and require medical attention as soon as possible. Many Covid-19 cases are mild, but a moderate or severe case can be life-threatening. 45 Urgent Care PC strongly recommends you learn and acknowledge all possible Covid-19 symptoms and whether you are experiencing any of them. The most common symptoms include the following:
- Fever or Chills
- Muscle or Body Aches
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Congestion or Runny Nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Warning Signs You Should Seek Immediate Medical Care:
- Trouble Breathing
- New Confusion
- Persistent Pressure or Pain in the Chest
- Inability to Wake or Stay Awake
- Pale, Gray, or Blue-Colored Nail Beds, Lips, or Skin, Depending on Your Skin Tone
Our Urgent Care Location Offers Testing in Jackson, TN
If you experience any symptoms of Covid-19 or suspect you have encountered the virus at some point, 45 Urgent Care PC is ready to help you with timely and accurate testing options. When you schedule a test at our Covid-19 testing location, we ask that you call us and wait in the parking lot for one of our medical staff members to come out to your car. They will collect your payment, insurance information, and perform a basic medical examination with help from a medical assistant and our provider. Once we finish testing, you will get a quarantine notice or work note that lasts until your test results return. Our staff will give you further instructions based on your results. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule a Covid-19 test.