By: Elena Jamscek
Well it’s the end of the year…it’s time to get those last-minute tests scheduled before our deductibles restarts back at $0! Here is a list of medical tests in MY OPINION we should get every year!
- Routine lab work
- CBC – blood counts: checks for infection and anemias.
- CMP -this checks electrolytes, blood sugar, and kidney function.
- TSH – thyroid hormone: if you’re feeling unusually tired or having skin/hair issues.
- Lipids – this is your cholesterol: this is important to check for the fat in your blood to help avoid plaques and blockages in your vessels.
- PAPs and Mammograms (women only of course)
- PAPs are good screening tools for cervical cancers – and let’s face it that’s one thing we can’t do ourselves.
- Mammograms – if you are older than 45 a screening mammogram yearly is a good idea to check for breast cancers.
- Colonoscopy (Men and women older than 55)
- First screening colonoscopy should be at age 55 – and hey if it is clean you are usually good for another 10 years before you must have another!!
- Eye/vision check
- PSA/prostate exam (men only)
- After age 50 it is a good idea to keep an eye on your PSA (blood work) to know if your prostate is still the size it should be.
- Prostate exams – if your PSA comes back abnormal or if your 50 or older a prostate exam is a good idea to screen for cancer.
Here at 45 Urgent Care PC, we can help you to get these done. Just give us a call at 731-868-4716 or come by and see us at 147 North Star Dr. in Jackson, TN.