Good nutrition is important!
- Children: 1000mg calcium a day! Milk with every meal is suggested (chocolate or “strawberry” milk counts, too).
- Postmenopausal women: 1500 mg calcium a day.
- Vitamin D helps us absorb the calcium. 800 IU of vitamin D a day is sufficient.
KEEP your healthy bones
- Do weight-bearing exercise
- Maintain a normal weight
- Do not smoke
- Maintain healthy eating habits: no anorexia or radical weight loss
Remember, if you need us we are here Monday through Saturday 8am to 8pm. No appointment necessary, just come on in. We are located off the 45 Bypass at 147 North Star Dr. Jackson, TN 38305.
For more blog or video tips of the week, visit us at www.45urgentcare.com or follow us on Facebook, Google +, or YouTube.