The arrival of cold and flu season prompts a vigilant approach to cleaning and disinfecting our homes. While many focus on commonly touched surfaces, such as countertops and doorknobs, some germ hotspots often go unnoticed, unwittingly contributing to the spread of illnesses. This season, it’s essential to recognize these overlooked areas and implement proper cleaning strategies to keep our households healthier.
- Remote Controls: Your TV remote and gaming controllers? They’re like germ magnets! Passed around and hardly cleaned, they’re germ hotspots that need some serious disinfecting.
- Light Switches: These little switches get touched a gazillion times a day, passing germs like it’s their job. Don’t leave them out of your cleaning routine!
- Door Handles and Knobs: Frequently touched by multiple people, light switches are often forgotten during regular cleaning routines.
- Computer Keyboards and Mice: Your work and play gadgets can house a ton of germs. Keep those keyboards and mice spick and span!
- Cell Phones and Tablets: Our constant companions collect more than just notifications—they’re also germ magnets. Give them some TLC with regular cleaning.
- Reusable Shopping Bags: Eco-friendly? Yes. Germ-friendly? Also yes! These bags can carry germs picked up from various surfaces during shopping trips. Wash these bags to keep things squeaky clean.
- Kitchen Sponges and Dishcloths: These kitchen heroes need a bit of attention too! They trap moisture and breed bacteria, so regular cleaning is a must.
- Toothbrush Holders: Even the bathroom isn’t safe from germs! Don’t forget to give those toothbrush holders a thorough clean.
- TV and Gaming Console Remotes: Shared among family members, these remotes are hotspots for germs. Keep them clean for a healthier hangout spot.
- Pet Items: Furry friend’s toys and bowls might carry more than fur and kibble. Regular cleaning keeps everyone healthy and happy.
In case symptoms of cold or flu arise despite precautions, seeking immediate medical attention is essential. 45 Urgent Care is equipped to handle a range of illnesses and injuries and offers quick access to healthcare professionals. Our expertise in diagnosing and treating cold and flu symptoms promptly can help alleviate any discomfort and prevent complications. Open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm (starting Dec. 4th, 2023 updated hour change of Monday-Friday, 8 am-6 pm until otherwise noted) and on Saturday 9 am-5 pm.
Remember, a combination of diligence in cleaning and swift action in seeking medical care can effectively safeguard your household against the unseen threat of cold and flu germs during the winter months.